DOUBLE WHAMMY FIRST THURSDAY

MAY 3RD: FIRST THURSDAY OPENING FOR LITE BOX:

In this group of paintings I make pieces of my identity into vague symbols. My subject matter is familiar but my process is hidden. I use light to activate my paintings, and to extend painting into sculpture and installation. I idealize abstraction, which allows for my paintings to become not reproductions, but ambiguous representations of real objects. I hope my images embody the complicated dances of our generations' hustle.
-Devon Antonio VanHouten-Maldonado

FOLLOWED BY: 


Experimental Half-Hour will be hosting a night of music and live visuals with  performances by Twins, Poop Scoop Boogie and Sombre Reptiles (Dewey and John Rau collab). This night will be taped for television. See yourself at the event before you see yourself on TV!

Selected clips from previous episodes will be screened in between bands.

Free!

9pm